Frequently Asked Questions
Which formats are available for my blog or site?
We customize designs for self-hosted WordPress. Self hosted WordPress sites are hosted on a site that you own, and require a domain and monthly hosting plan. More information can be found at WordPress.org. We do not do customization for WordPress.COM sites. Our customization is based upon the template or theme that exists or we install on your site. We do not do any custom coding of functionality, just design elements and content.
How do I set up a domain and hosting?
You must have your blog/site set up before the custom design process begins. Self hosted means that you have purchased a domain name (www.yoursitename.com) AND you have purchased a monthly/yearly hosting plan for that domain through a hosting provider. If you do not have a domain name and/or hosting, I would recommend that you contact Go Daddy. They are particularly WordPress friendly and you can purchase your domain name and hosting all in one place. It is super easy to do yourself. There are plenty of WordPress friendly hosts out there. This is just a suggestion and in no way, is it required. You are ultimately responsible for your own domain and hosting and we take no responsibility for those choices.
If you have any questions or issues, or feel that you are in over your head, contact the customer service people to help you through the process. They have ALL of the answers. If you would like us to get your domain up and running with WordPress for you, that is an add on that can be added to your package, for an additional cost. But I assure you, that you can do this step yourself easily and without much stress.
If you already have a domain, and just need to install WordPress, contact the service where you bought your domain name and ask them to help you install WordPress on your site. Some do not offer hosting for WordPress…it is important that you know that before we begin. If that is the case, you can always transfer your domain to another host, like Go Daddy.
Again, if you wish for me to do the initial set up, I am happy to do so, at an additional cost.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any issues that might arise with your domain or hosting. That is something that your hosting company would handle for you. So be sure that you are comfortable with your choices in this area before setting up your site.
How do I order?
Check out our PACKAGES and add ons and make your selections. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your project. We will price the package, based upon your selections, and invoice you for the full price of your project, as well as book a tentative date for you on our design calendar. Work will begin once payment is received.
How do I pay?
We require payment in full before placing you on our design calendar. If you wish to know what our current wait time is, please contact us. We accept payment through Paypal using your Paypal or credit card.
How long does the process usually take?
Design time is determined by how complicated your project will be. Usually at least a week is required to finish a full website. Time will also depend on your availability to provide design approvals along the way. Failure to communicate with us, will delay your design completion.
May I contact you by phone?
We prefer to work through email but if you would like to schedule a consultation call, we will provide up to one hour by phone after payment in full to discuss your project.
Will I lose any content if I have you redesign my site?
It is important that you back up your current design before we begin the process. We are not responsible for lost content due to WordPress updates. It is unpredictable. Most of the time it works perfectly, but there is always a chance that something might not transfer over correctly.
Why do you need my username & password?
Your usernames and passwords will not be shared with anyone for any reason. Your information will only be used for the purpose of installing your new design. If you have concerns about privacy, you may create a temporary password for us to use during installation that can be changed when your installation is finished.
How many revisions do you provide during the design process?
We ask for your design input and approvals along the way to assure that you are completely delighted with your design. Up to 3 revisions per graphic can be made without additional cost. Anything above 3 will be billed at $25.00 per hour. It is imperative that you be available to answer your emails once the process begins in a timely manner so that your design process does not become delayed.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, ONCE WORK HAS BEGUN, DUE TO THE NATURE OF OUR SERVICES.
TERMS OF SERVICE – PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE
- You agree to reply to our emails in a timely manner, so that we do not get behind schedule. If you fail to respond in a timely manner, we have the right to move on to the next customer and put your project on hold until we have another spot on our design calendar.
- You will allow us to place our link in your footer and it shall not be removed as long as our design is on your site.
- You must make sure that any photographs, images or graphics that you ask us to use in your design are your property, or that you have the proper permissions for their use on your site. We reserve the right to refuse your graphics if we find them questionable.
- You are responsible for saving a copy of your old template if you wish to keep it. We will not do that before the start of your project.
- After final approval, payment and completion of your new design, we will not go back in and make any revisions without additional costs.
- We do not install content on your pages or blog posts as part of our packages. That is up to you to do before or after we are finished with your design. If you wish for us to do this for you, please request a quote.
- We will use a screenshot of your new design on our website in our portfolio.
- We reserve the right to refuse to work with subject matter that we find offensive, pornographic, or anything we are not comfortable with.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to be comfortable with your choices of domain, hosting service, shopping cart and the format you choose. We do not provide training nor consultation as a part of our packages. If you are interested in custom tutorials or assistance with the set up of your site, please ask for a quote. Check our tutorial section for answers to basic questions.